NextGen National Junior Order of Merit
Canada’s National Junior Girls Golf Ranking System
(See below for important criteria explaining the calculation of points, eligiblity and other changes related to the Order of Merit)
|TOURNAMENT LISTING OF COUNTING EVENTS|
|ELIGIBILTY & GENERAL NOTES|
- Eligibility : Players must be under the age of 19 as of August 1, 2021 and be a member in good standing with their respective provincial golf association and Golf Canada.
- A maximum of five (5) tournaments from the period from January 1, 2021 to August 15, 2021 will count for points on the NextGen National Junior Order of Merit. A player may play in more than five (5) events on the tournament listing but only the best five (5) events will count for points.
- Events must be U19 (18 and under) or open age (ie. Amateur) to be eligible to count towards the NextGen National Junior Order of Merit.
- Please refer to the Point Grid for the breakdown of points by referring to the starting value of each event and by the number of players in the field. If two or more players tie for a position, other than first, points will be shared. For example, two players tied for 2nd will share 2nd and 3rd place points. If an event has a cut in the field to a number of players less than the number of places on the point grid, points will only be awarded to players in the final standings (Ie; Cut to low 40 & ties - then only those players earn points).
- Qualifying points (eg. for USGA Events) will be awarded only to those players that earn a spot in the championship field through a regional qualifying event. Qualifying points will not be awarded to players who receive an exemption (of any kind) into a tournament.
- The committee may add / delete events or edit the starting point value in the above tournament listing based on strength and depth of field that may come to their attention throughout the 2021 golf season. Sanctioned events and their relative weighting will be reviewed annually based on the number of participants and strength/depth of field.
- Please note that the OOM ranking will be considered final one week after the August 15th, 2021 deadline for counting events. Any corrections (regardless of fault) will not be made after August 23rd, 2021.
- If you notice any duplicate profiles, corrections or omissions that need to be made to your OOM point total, please contact Emily Phoenix (Manager, High Performance Sport) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.263.0009 x204.